Need a quick, practical, and personalized gift? Try creating a super cute Post It Note holder. The materials are inexpensive and you can create this “any occasion” gift in less than 30 minutes.
Post-It Note Addiction
I have an addiction to post-it notes. As a teacher, I use a Post It Note in #everysize and #everycolor #everyday! However, I don’t like having to dig into my desk to grab a sticky note when I need one super quick. I also like to hand out a Post-It Note to my students to help them capture a quick thought. We can take everyone’s written thoughts and quickly post them so we can look for trends, commonalities, and differences.
But Wait- There’s MORE to my Post It Note Story
I have a confession: I have loose reminder sticky notes all over my desk- both at school and at home. You can also find Post It Notes all over my planner. With all these constant sticky reminders, I can’t always find a fresh pad of Post It Notes. Cue in the super cute, practical, and personalized Post It Note holder for under $5!!!
How to Create a Cute Post It Note Holder
Run, don’t walk to your nearest Dollar Tree. I LOVE The Dollar Tree because I can create some great seasonal crafts on a budget such as my Valentine Day Crafts from Playing Cards. I purchased an acrylic frame. You know the one- it’s the standard, all in one piece frame where the edge is bent to create a stand. They come in a variety of sizes so purchase one which would suite your needs.
As gifts, I’m using the 5 x 7; however, for my desk at school, I plan to use the 8 x 10. The 8 x 10 will allow a spot for a fresh, clean Post It Note pad along with space to collect my reminder sticky notes. This will keep my desk “clean” and organized. Being organized and writing things down, like in my Simple Prayer Journal keeps your brain from running wild.
Sticky Note Holder Materials and How To:
- Acrylic frame- Size of choice $1 at Dollar Tree
- Scrapbook Paper- 12 x12 piece
- Post It Note Pad
- Embellishments such as ribbon or stickers (This is where your creation cost can creep past $3.00)
- Paper Cutter
- Glue Dots, Tape Runner
- Cut 2 pieces of paper to fit inside the frame. Use the tape runner to glue the paper, back to back together.
- Embellish paper. I chose to print the gift recipient’s name using my Cricut machine; however, you could use stickers or stamps.
- Insert embellished paper into the frame
- The acrylic frames will be laid down so the slope of the frame is at the bottom and the back stand of the frame is at the top to create a small easel affect.
- Use ribbon to tie a bow or knot around the top of the frame. In other words, around the base and the back of the stand.
- ***Fun IDEA!! Customize the Post It Note pad using ink and a stamp.
Finally, add the Post It Note pad by running the tape runner across the back of the sticky note before attaching to the top of the frame.
I decided to add a pen to each Post It Note holder, so I purchased these really cool binder clips and clipped them to the side of the frame. The pen just slides on to the clip.
Post It Note holders are Frog-Tastic to make for yourself and perfect for any gift occasion because these holders can be personalized. For Mother’s Day, I plan to create more Post It Note holders and customize them with pictures and quite possibly a small calendar. For more information about my seasonal crafts, check out my Seasonal Crafts page.